Monday, March 22, 2010

It's Sunny in Philly!!!

74 Degrees...74 DEGREES!!!! IN MARCH!!!

The end of this week was absolutely beautiful. I still can't even believe how lucky we are!!!

Monday I had my evening class at my teacher's house in New Jersey! We took the PATCO which is the train service that goes to New Jersey. It was fun to take the train and really nice to eat dinner outside the city at a real home. We discussed class over pizza!

Wednesday was St. Patrick's Day and the weather was so nice! Everyone seemed to be wearing green! We also had a Supervisor's Reception at the Center for all students and their Supervisors to attend. One of the women that I work with in the office went with me and it was nice for her to have the opportunity to meet everyone at the Center and learn more about the program. After work I went for a run around the neighborhood just because it was nice outside! Later that night, we invited a bunch of friends over to celebrate St. Patrick's Day! We had a green food theme consisting of green grapes, cucumbers, celery and guacamole!! It was a lot of fun! A bunch of friends stopped by!!

This past weekend was beautiful so on Saturday with a high of 74 degrees my roommates and I headed to the park! We went to Fairmount Park behind the Art museum and soaked up the sun!

On the way to the Park!!

Kala and Gretchen


Lisa and I!


To the right of the Art Museum!


The back of the Art Museum!


Gretchen, Eric and Kala


Tom and Lisa!



The city!

After we sat around enjoying the day, we went to dinner and a play at the Wilma Theater called Language Rooms. It was really interesting! After the show our roommate who was back at our apartment called to tell us that there were a ton of people on south street and police out and that we should be cautious. My roommate Kala and I walked back and approached South Street to see the street packed with high school students. Supposedly there was a facebook group or event of kids planning to steal from the stores on South Street. There have been a few similar attempts in other places around the city. It was all a bit crazy to walk through especially with all the people on the sidewalks and the roads blocked off by police. There were even helicopters flying around!

I had been searching the web this week and found out that there is a Unitarian Universalist Church in Philadelphia! My roommate Kala and I went to a service on Sunday morning! It really enjoyed the service! It brought back memories of church when I was younger, the service was very familiar!


Outside the 1st Unitarian Universalist Church


Outside the Church!


Inside the Church!

So it was a big week! I also entered my bracket to find out shortly after I am pretty much done for in the tournament because Villanova is out!! And Obama picked them too!!

I hope everyone is enjoying the end of March! April is just around the corner!!


No comments:

Post a Comment